14.10.06

Poverty and Social Exclusion

Tomorrow I leave for Finland, to attend the Round Table on Poverty and Social Exclusion, which is organised by the Finnish presidency. The interesting thing is that the presidency paid over thousand euro's for my ticket, to attend a meeting in which we'll talk about poverty. Anyhow, our aim is to address the link between vulnerable grous /discrimination and social exclusion, which will be a big challenge. My visit to Montenegro gave me good inspiration for this. A Montenegrin boy of 25 told me why he consciously decided to remain closeted towards his parents. Coming out would mean that he probably would be forced to leave his family home, disabling him to finish his university and thus having big consequenses for his further personal and professional development.

And it's the first time that I visit Scandinavia, I'm almost ashamed to say this!

2 opmerkingen:

aalto zei

If you'll complaining like this, they will not invite you again in the future.

ice breaker zei

and sorry to tell you, but Finnland is not Scandinavia. It is a nordic country but it is not scandinavian!