28.7.07

Art time


My absolute number one favourite museum is the Joán Miro museum in Parc de Montjuïc, Barcelona. Foremost I admire the architecture of the building which has been built on one of the most beautiful areas of the city. I have visited the museum three times now, and it always makes me calm and brings me in an ecstastic mood. The grand white spaces breathe an athmosphere of purity and calmness. Opposite of many other museums where I always want to hurry myself through exhibitions, the Miro museum makes me want to be there for many hours.

Currently there are two special exhibitions which are both fascinating. A broad variety of Sean Scully's work is shown. Scully is an Irish artist who works with oil paintings, pastels, watercolours, prints and photographs, all abstract work with a fascinating combination of colours and lines.

The other fascinating project was the rather more moder work of Qubo Gas. Colourful landscapes which are created through a group process of three French artists. Visit their website!

Geen opmerkingen: