11.3.06

Dancing snow flogs

I sit at home sipping my second coffee today and wonder myself whether putting my watch around my wrest has become a ritual which is frightening me. I decide that I don't know. Outside some lost snow flogs are dancing in the wind. I watch to the threes and to my happiness I see that they are showing the first signs of spring. Ten more days till it is officially spring, once again mother nature doesn't follow our calendar but does what it feels like.

Then I decide not to go to the gym, again. It doesn't matter, tomorrow I will loose my calories in the gym, today I shall focus on organising my life and work. I promiss myself that I have a good reason for it: first I have to finish my work. I realise that I don't know what work I am going to finish.

Listening to some music that makes me calm. I walk to my bedroom to organise my messy hair which is still in a waking-up condition. Unfortunately I pass my kitchen on the way to the bedroom, and all the dishes make me turn around immediately. In five minutes I'll return to the kitchen and finish the dishes. One hour passes and on the internet I discover that the old president of Serbia probably died. I need to know more about it. Via google I discover that some Dutch travel agency now organises travel packages to different destinations in Montenegro.

Then I start feeling quilty and wonder how I can give this day more sense. So I send three work related e-mails, for which I have to treat myself with another coffee. I try to ignore the mess in the kitchen.

I look at my watch and discover that half of this day has already passed. Now it is enough, I will clean the dishes, organise my hair, finish my work, go to the supermarket and after that I can read. Or shouldn't I confess to this ritual?

Geen opmerkingen: