9.3.06

Must be heaven

Yesterday I visited this beautiful mosque in Ankara! Houses of prayer belong to the most beautiful architecture in the world, and I don't know whether I should be happy or said about that. It would be easy to say it is said... but the reality is that they exist and that people like to visit them.

That's why I draw a symbolic line for myself: if I have to pay to enter a church or mosque, or any other religious house, then I will not enter it. This was for me a reason for not visiting Vatican city.

Well, I am not going to write an epistel on religion, but will only say that we should look to the beautiful things of religions too! My campaign would be: open all religious houses that respect itself for dialogues on (all) diverse aspects of society!

2 opmerkingen:

aalto zei

That is St, Sophia (in greek Sophia means wisdom) and is teh largest bizanthyne style church in the world. The span of the main dome is indeed impressive it has a bit more than 30 meters diameter at the base and rises at 55 meters above the ground.

the basilica is also called hagia.

Agnieszka Tatera zei

Wonderful! I want to go to Turkey so much, but I didn't have a possibility sill :/

Btw - yes, I liked also this song :)