2.4.06

Mr. bad luck is sitting on my left shoulder

The past week I first had a board meeting in Rome, and then I went to the Youth Event of the Austrian Presidency in Vienna and Bad Isschl. During the last event the youth of Europe adopted a declaration, in which we called for more and better jobs, recognition of non-formal and informal learning and for a more structured dialogue of youth with European Policy makers. I am happy that social inclusion remains a corner stone in the future of Europe.

On a working level all was good, but for all the rest it was not a rather lucky week for me. First my phone got stolen in Rome, then my flight to Vienna was cancelled and I had a huge delay. Then I was informed that my nomination for an Advise Comission on the Council of Europe would not be accepted due to statutory reasons, then another flight was cancelled and I was put on a flight with 3 hours delay which only arrived in Amsterdam at 1.30 in the night. My luggage however until now did not arrive...and hasn't been tracked neither.

Happily I met a lot of great people during this week, whom made me forget about the bad luck very soon. Now it is high time to go to the fitness... to reduce the negative effect that all the good eating and drinking had on my body.

5 opmerkingen:

ice breaker zei

björn, the elections of the advisory council took place last november. now there are elections for the Council of Europe affaires commission. you mixed it all a bit up. the positive thing is, whist advisory council elections are the next time in november 2008, the next council of europe affaires commission elections are already in spring 2007 :-)

and you are young, oh so young!

ice breaker zei
Deze reactie is verwijderd door een blogbeheerder.
Björn van Roozendaal zei

Oops.... I know there's a difference but I indeed mix up affairs and advisory. :)

Maman Poulet zei

snap on the mobile phone being stolen this week! Its not nice is it? No sign of those bags yet?

Björn van Roozendaal zei

Situation is improving now. Bags are back and I have a sim-card back with the same number... but my nice phone with mp3 player is gone ... :(