7.4.06

Pizza in bed

Today was an extremely boring day, more or less on purpose. I have barely been outside of bed, well of course I took a shower and I had to open the door for the Pizza-delivery earlier this evening. Sometimes I simply need days like these.... to relax and to catch up missed sleep. It feels like the autumn has started here... again it is raining and the leaves on the trees are growing slower than I hoped.

The good news is that my luggage is back and I have my phone working again. Also there is work in progress... My to-do list is finally getting shorter and that is necessary because the I will be travelling mostly for the rest of the month. I booked my tickets for Queer Easter in Berlin, a break in Romania (can't wait to be there) and for the Youth Forum's Council of Members in Florence.

Yesterday I spent the day with young representatives from LGBT organisations from Latin America. Extremely interesting to hear their point of view. They were very interested in the functioning of IGLYO, and we discussed whether such construction would make sense in their context as well. Personally I think it will, especially now countries in Latin America are seriously discussing the possible establishment of a South American Community of Nations. Unlike the EEC its focus will include a more social perspective which offers chances for social NGO's. Similar to Europe, the differences in South-America are enormous. The Brazilian government actively supports LGBT organisations (mainly in combatting Hiv/Aids), the penal code of Nicuragua however still forbids sexual intercourse between couples of the same sex.


I hope that we will be able to assist the groups in establishing a network similar to IGLYO in South-America. Not only because together we stand stronger in getting access to e.g. the United Nations, but also I believe that young people can make a difference. The access to information that is created by such networks is of vital importance for these organisations, as well is the personal empowerment of young people doing their work in often hostile environments.

1 opmerking:

Agnieszka Tatera zei

It's very interesting to talk about situations in different points of our globe :) Good to have such opportunity, it often could change your own point of view.

About this day - that's normal you need it from time to time :) Your body rulez ;) Sometimes our body is smartest than we are ;)

Greetings!