10.11.05

Pre change society


Yesterday afternoon I came back from a training on the Balkan. Together with Joke Swiebel and Maxim Anmeghichean I organised a two day event in Belgrade on Advocacy and Lobbying. It was quite a succes, despite the difficult situation in which many activists on the Balkans find themselves daily! Corrupt governments wanting to access the EU solely for economic reasons, the challenge is to persuade them to improve human rights at the same time... Not an easy task for activists and I have much respect for those people working hard on it!

Belgrade has beautiful views, I discovered on Monday. After the exhausing weekend Joke, Max and I took some time to enjoy ourselves in the city. We had coffee with the wonderful people from Deve, we had a nice walk and a beautiful dinner. After the dinner Max and I walked to a magnificent city part with a tremendous view over the Danube....

Tomorrow I'm going to the Council of Members of the European Youth Forum in Brussels... Two days of meetings. It is the first time that I will attend the CoMem, and I haven't red the statutes yet... Preparation will take some time so I'm happy that I can do that in the train on my way to Brussels...

1 opmerking:

Björn van Roozendaal zei

Why the fuck do people bother mine blog with their spam....