4.1.06

From London to Bucharest


I celebrated Christmas in London, which was fabulous! London was not what I expected it to be during Christmas: it was desserted! Only on second Xmas day, when the sales began, everybody was suddenly rushing into Oxford street. We had great fun with decent amounts of alcohol, huge amounts of food and lots of sleep in between all the things we did. It was nice spending Christmas time once not as usual with family, but with other beloved ones. On my way from London to Bucharest I bought myself a digital camera, which will enable me to keep to keep a better visual history of my life.

Romania was beautiful! And I can't believe that this holiday already ended. It was great meeting lots of nice people, all being so friendly and welcoming. We travelled quite a lot. After we started in Bucharest (in which the house of People was absolutely the most amazing thing I was), we went to Brasov, a lovely winter resort. Unfortunately it was raining a lot and the wind was blowing so hard that tiles fell of the roof next to our room. We moved on with a train (Romania has a very well organised and cheap public transport system) to Sibiu cultural capital of Europe 2007: a very promising city! A nice ancient city centre where we also celebrated new years evening.

Then we went to the Romantic city Sighisoara (see photo on the right). This is where Dracula has been born! It was not him who made this place special though, it was the well preserved medieval surroundings! Eventhough the city is not registered as protected by UNESCO (a true shame!), the people take very well care of it. Except from the cars it was like walking around in the middle ages, which is wonderful.

Many impressions later I am sitting again behind my table in my Amsterdam flat. It is good being home, I am ready for the new year and just subscribed myself to the fitness so that I'll make sure it will be a healthy one. Above all the start of this year is already a very happy one!

5 opmerkingen:

aalto zei
Deze reactie is verwijderd door een blogbeheerder.
aalto zei

Jesus Bjorn... if i wouldn't know you i would say that you are bluffing about Romania.
I think i will travel there once...

Maybe I will see it as you see, without: STREET DOGS, LOTS OF BEGGARS and TRAINS THAT ARE DELAYED 50Minutes

Björn van Roozendaal zei

Yes you should certainly go there! And besides all there live very special people in Romania :)

aalto zei
Deze reactie is verwijderd door een blogbeheerder.
aalto zei

no say.. I just been to Harry Potter and guess what ive found, Romania is exporting dragons! :))
cool ain't??!?!