11.7.06

Crazy butterfly

A melancholic mood in the train from Paris to Amsterdam. It is Monday evening the 10th of July, 2006. Across of me a Australian couple is listening to long monologues of a Belgium women who speaks English with a British accent. They do not look to be particularly interested in her knowledge of Australia, which friends of her visited last year. It takes the couple a while before they manage to focus on the book and paper they are reading. It seems they do not dare to look up any more, out of fear to get attacked by another endless monologue.

Traveling first class is not something I am used to, so I enjoy the benefits of getting a meal and drinking a glass of red wine which strengthens my melancholic mood. I can not hide myself in this train. I am seated in a single sit next to the walkway and above of me there is the reflection of other people in the luggage shelf. No chance to express this melancholy in a laughter or tears.

So I decide to look back on a nice board meeting in Reims, which is in the district of Champagne. A visit to the Mumm champagne cellars made me understand the complex production process behind this delicious light golden coloured sparkles. I love it. I work a bit on some articles and try to sleep a bit.

In Brussels the train gets stuck due to technical reasons. Everybody has to leave train and complete wagons of people get mixed up. Some remain for a while without seat, which seems to be a much bigger problem in First Class then it is in Second Class. I start to get annoyed by all screaming people but then I have to laugh about their haughtiness. I love the little adventures in trains.

Geen opmerkingen: