24.9.06

Breaking barriers

I always found it awkward how small things in life can become huge barriers. When I was young it could take me weeks before calling a friend whom I hadn't spoken to for a while. When I started to live alone I could stare at the pile of dishes for days, nothing happened. Today I have to revise a grant budget, I know it can not be much work, but it feels like such a big thing to start with it. So I spent an eminent amount of time behind my laptop today, not working on the budget and doing absolute irrelevant things (such as writing a blog about barriers).

Barriers are nothing more than psychologic blockades I think. Breaking through them gives such a released feeling. And still they remain. And now I'm going to make another attempt to start with my task.

Geen opmerkingen: