5.11.06

Amsterdam at night

It's a few weeks later. Autumn is filled with activitities, there are only a few days that I spent at home in October and November. I've been seeing many good old friends and I've been meeting great new ones lately. Have finished an project application of almost two thumbs thick for a project in Turkey early this week. This weekend was the first and the last in this period to rest a little bit.

So I visited Kees and Marianne in Groningen, together with Jeroen. Groningen is in the very north of the Netherlands, and it smells like sugar beets in the streets. Kees and Marianne are renovating the house that they bought, a project for which I have respect but would never even consider doing myself. Spending a year in dust and in between building materials is something I wouldn't be able to cope with! But fair enough: the first results of their work are great!

Yesterday I went to the museum night in Amsterdam: all museums, but also the zoo, was open at night. We saw sleeping animals and animals that barely sleep at all, which was actually quite exciting! The guide told us for instance that every year a wild male stork returns to his partner, whom lives in the zoo, to fertilize her.

This week I'm up to the Baltic states, for the general assembly of the youth forum.

Geen opmerkingen: