13.10.05

No blog

Today I was kindly reminded of my lack of blogging lately, so here we go again. I was travelling to Croatia and Slovenia. Visited a Transgessing Gender conference (the first academic thing in my life to attend), and visit organisations in Slovenia.

Zagreb was an interesting visit. It is funny to see how academics are discussing and promoting their own theories. I have never in my life heard that many words I had never heard of before.... Even though the subjects where very, very interesting (such as: deconstructing gender, biologics of gender), I did fall asleep during a couple of presentations. Think that academics deserve to get presentation skills at their University as well! Overall I am very happy that I attented the conference, which was important for the region.

Ljubljana was short, too short. It was full with Scottisch men in Skirts... Almost unreal how many there were... It also meant that there was no single hotel room available, happily Jasna and here family were hospital as always and hosted me. I met shortly with all of the organisations and then I already had to go. Poor Jasna smacked with her face on the ground before she dropped me off at the bus station.... Now she has a ugly scratch on her face and a lot of pain...

4 opmerkingen:

ice breaker zei

I am sure you are not supposed to tell people that jasna has a smashed face now!

Björn van Roozendaal zei

Actually I am not. But there are CERTAIN people around who love to break these rules.

ice breaker zei

did you take a picture of her blue and all scratchy forehead?

Björn van Roozendaal zei

Sweety, I had to catch my taxi to the airport, do you think I had the time to do that!