27.5.07

Thunder!

Yesterday I arrived in Bishkek after a three hour drive from Almaty. It was a beautiful ride through mountains and fields. The air here is a little bit less filthy, hence I can breathe fresh air again and the terrible cold that has pestered me is now slowly dissapearing. The visit to Kazakhstan was very inspiring - met many nice and couregeous people taking good initatives.

Today we had a free day and I went for lunch with a colleague from a Dutch development cooperation whom I very coincidentally bumped into at the reception of my previous hotel...it's a small world after all. After sun-bathing this morning next to the swimming-pool, suddenly clouds surrended us and it started to rain and thunder. We sat down to have a lunch outside under a covered terrace when the lightning struck right beside us in a metal pole... this made a lot of noise and made us jump from our seats...

Geen opmerkingen: